Today we wanted to talk about the 9 grains with the most protein.
Although, adults require no more than 0.8 or 0.9 grams of protein per healthy kilogram of body weight per day, protein can help you feel fuller for longer.
The thing is, by picking plant-based sources of protein not only do we feel fuller but we also receive all the benefits from minerals, vitamins and fiber which are lacking in animal products. Many of us know that beans are a great source of protein but did you know that grains can be too?
Check out this list of the 9 highest protein grains (also gluten-free):
- Amaranth – 28.1 grams / 100 grams
- Oats – 26.3 grams / 100 grams
- Teff – 25.7 grams / 100 grams
- Quinoa – 24 grams / 100 grams
- Wild Rice – 23.6 grams / 100 grams
- Buckwheat – 22.5 grams / 100 grams
- Millet – 22 grams / 100 grams
- Sorghum – 21.7 grams / 100 grams
- Brown Rice – 14.7 grams / 100 grams
In comparison, pinto beans have 21 grams of protein for 100 grams.
Enjoy a delicious Quinoa Salad from us!!