Pandemic or no-pandemic, staying at home tends to get boring sometimes. For such lazy days, there is one dish that comforts both our mind and soul- a piping hot bowl of some hearty soup!
This recipe for a healthy yet delicious risotto-based soup is both gluten-free and vegan. Prepared with just a few basic ingredients, you can never have too much of this heart-warming soup.
You may choose to either use a low-sodium vegetable broth or just plain water to prepare this soup; it will taste flavorful either way. Also it would taste better if you grate a little cashew Parmesan cheese on top of this soup just before serving it.
Also, I would like to recommend using a stainless steel pan for this recipe, because it retains heat better than other materials and no coating is required. So, you can cook this soup in the least possible time span, without losing valuable nutrients from the ingredients.
So, here goes the recipe to prepare the yummiest and easiest Gluten-free Risotto soup using short-grain rice.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small-sized onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or plain water
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cashew Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a stainless steel pan.
- Add chopped onion to the hot oil and sauté it for 2 minutes or until just pale in color.
- Stir in brown rice and cook it on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth or water into the pan and cook rice with the lid on simmering heat.
- Add carrot and spinach when the rice is just about to get prepared.
- Add more vegetable broth (or water) into the pan to maintain the consistency of the soup, if required, in case the soup becomes too thick.
- Season the soup with salt and give it a boil.
- Turn the heat off and then add lemon juice to the soup.
- Now, the soup is ready to be served!