Today, we wanted to talk about turmeric.
Many of you know turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant but did you know that turmeric can:
– improve brain functions and lower risk of brain disease;
– lower risk of heart disease;
– be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s;
– help with arthritis pain;
– lift depression;
– delay ageing?
This is amazing!!!
To get all the benefits from turmeric, you should consume it with black pepper, which contains piperine, a natural substance that enhances the absorption of the curcumin contained in turmeric by 2,000%.
Additionally, keep in mind that curcumin is also fat soluble, so it may be a good idea to take it with something that contains fat, like our Energy Balls, Protein Sports Balls, Meal Replacement Bars and Sweet Potato Brownies.
How much should you take?
According to NutritionFacts.org, the ideal serving is 1/4 of a teaspoon to no more than 1 teaspoon a day.
How to take it?
Add it to your smoothies, curries, stir fries, pasta or make a turmeric elixir as below:
Turmeric Elixir Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 1 inch of ginger root (boiled in the 2 cups of water for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of lime or lemon juice
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp of La Holista’s Coconut Syrup or maple syrup (optional)