Today we wanted to talk about how to incorporate flaxseeds daily.
Flaxseeds, known as one of the richest sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids and having around one hundred times more cancer-fighting lignans than other foods, have also been demonstrated to prove helpful against breast and prostate cancers; controlling cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood sugar levels; reducing inflammation; and successfully treating constipation.
How to include this inexpensive superfood in your diet every day?
According to Dr. Michael Greger of NutritionFacts.org – everyone should try to incorporate one tablespoon of ground flax seeds into their daily diet. For the body to use flaxseeds, you need to consume them in ground form. You can do this by simply blending them in a food processor, blender or coffee grinder. Then keep them in the fridge for maximum freshness.
These are sample examples:
– Sprinkle the flaxseeds on a vegetables salad
– Sprinkle the flaxseeds on a fruit salad
– Substitute 1 egg with a flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp water
– Add flaxseeds to your green smoothies
– Add flaxseeds to your veggie patties or falafel
– Add flaxseeds to your banana or zucchini bread for extra texture
– Add flaxseeds to your homemade hummus or nut cheese
– Add flaxseeds to your homemade peanut or almond butter
– Add flaxseeds to your homemade nut milk
In the meantime, we are very proud to offer wholesome products that contain flaxseeds and other amazing ingredients, like our Grain-Free Protein Superfood Bread.
Don’t settle for less, pick from our amazing wholesome food selection on our online shop.