Today we wanted to talk about glutathione.
Glutathione is a substance produced naturally by the liver. It is also found in fruits and vegetables. It is probably the most important detoxifier antioxidant in the body, also if we are loaded with toxins.
Glutathione is involved in many processes in the body, including tissue building and repair, making chemicals and proteins needed in the body, and for the immune system.
Glutathione can help cataracts and glaucoma, prevent aging, treat or prevent alcoholism, asthma, cancer, heart disease (atherosclerosis and high cholesterol), hepatitis, liver disease, diseases that weaken the body’s defense system (including chronic fatigue syndrome), memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease. Glutathione is also used for maintaining the body’s defense system (immune system) and fighting metal and drug poisoning.
You can find it it:
– Sulfur-rich foods like mushrooms, cabbage and onions
– Vitamin c rich foods, like berries, citrus, red peppers, kiwi, goji berries
– Selenium-rich nuts like brazil nuts
– Glutathione-rich foods like spinach, asparagus, avocado and okra
– Glutathione increasing foods like turmeric and curcumin
To keep its level at optimal state, it is also important to sleep at least 8 hours and exercise at least 30 minutes everyday.